- We are now accepting applications for 2014 entry. LIMITED PLACES. APPLY NOW!
- Brand new London-based 2-Year BSc. in Biomedical Sciences now available with our partners, Medipathways
- Online revision courses specifically designed to prepare for entrance examination for European medical or dental schools now available from our partner, Exam Revision Courses.
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter for prospective Medicine & Dentistry students, to find out the latest news!
- Specialist preparation for UKCAT, UCAS Personal Statements and Medical & Dental School Interviews, book now!
- New 2+4 Articulation for Medicine for September 2014 entry - contact us now!
University of Cardenal Herrera - CEU, Valencia, Spain
September 2014 entry: not currently available.
To our knowledge, this is the only dentistry programme of this type offered in a Western European country, with facilities and standards comparable to those found in the UK and the US. Availability of places is limited, therefore applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible as we are now recruiting for September 2014 entry.
Applicants with a suitable Medical Life Science or M&D Pre-Med may be eligible for transfer directly into the 2nd year, without entrance examination. Please contact us for further information.
Their dental degree (as well as all other dental degree courses taught in English in Spain) has undergone some changes. The University have released a statement regarding the recognition of this programme in other European countries. This can be found here.
The University of Cardenal Herrera-CEU is the first private university in the Commune of Valencian. The UCH-CEU belongs to the Foundation San Pablo-CEU which is the leading educational organization in Spain with 3 Universities and various schools and business schools all over the country.
The 5-year dental degree course is taught in Moncada, about 20 minutes from Valencia city centre, easily accessible by a modern underground 'Metro' system. In the first three years of the course, students learn the fundamental principles of biochemical, physiological and pathological processes as well as general anatomic structures. The last two years focus on dental medicine, and include a clinical placement in primary care dental practice and in a hospital dentistry department.
Studying in the University’s Dental Clinic gives students access to state of the art technologies, supplies, instruments and the newest treatments.
For more information about the dental course at University of Cardenal Herrera - CEU, please visit our more comprehensive website Study dentistry in Spain.
Student life in Valencia
Valencia, one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, is situated in the centre of the Spanish Mediterranean coastline. It is the third largest city in Spain, and its port is the biggest on the Mediterranean coast, mainly exporting food and drink. It is a lively city with a rich history.
Things that Valencia is famous for:
- The traditional Spanish dish, paella ( a simmered rice dish that includes seafood, meat or vegetables)
- The football team – Valencia C.F which won the Spanish league in 2002 and 2004
- La Tomatina – an annual tomato fight which takes place in the city streets
- The current location of the Formula One European Grand Prix
Valencia is famous throughout Spain for its night-life. People are known to party from Monday to Sunday. You definitely won’t be short of places to go out and dance the night away to get a break from your studies.
Valencia has a wealth of culture and a yearly calendar full of festivals. If these don’t take your fancy, there are plenty of attractions which might. You can shop in the local markets, observe exotic fish in the aquarium, enjoy a story coming alive at the IMAX cinema, relax on the golden sands of the beaches, get active with the wide choice of water sports, stimulate your mind with a visit to the collection of buildings which make up the City of Arts and Sciences.
Further information on the city of Valencia can also be found by clicking here.
Places are filling fast, so please submit your application as soon as possible to secure a place to study dentistry in September 2011.
Studied part of a dental degree elsewhere? Looking to transfer? Most students would rather be studying dentistry in Spain then in any other Eastern European country. For the right candidate, we may have places available for students to transfer directly into the second or third year of this 5-year dental degree course. Transfer places are subject to availability of places in each year. Please contact us for further information.
M&D is now the exclusive partner of this dental school for its dental degree programme, please click on the letter below to see confirmation of this.
To register your interest and apply for these medical or dental degree courses now, please click here.
M&D Spanish language course
Designed for the future students of the University of Cardenal Herrera-CEU, the M&D Spanish language course is the first step towards your language proficiency and successful studies on the UCH-CEU programmes.
Being able to communicate in Spanish on arrival at the UCH-CEU will:
- Help you settle down quickly and easily in your new environment
- Give you more confidence outside the classroom right from the beginning
- Give you a head-start for your further Spanish language studies – remember that you will need to be able to speak with patients by your third year...
- Speed up meeting other students and making new friends!
Get in touch for more information or click here.